Friday 8 October 2010

Oxford

I took an extra day off to recover from tour and generally sort my shit out, so I missed out on Bexhill. Kate said it was a really good gig and when she sang Foundations she missed not having Supercute on stage so she invited a few people from the audience to join her.

I rejoined the tour yesterday in Oxford, much later than I had planned to. I have a few uni friends who live around there so they drove down and I jumped in on a lift. I got there just in time to see Sister Lovers, who consist of Michael Slowey (our cousin), Chad Brady and Ciaran Krogan. They are Irish born and breed and so much better than Boyzone and/or Westlife.

(This could be because I have not forgiven Ronan Keating for cheating on his wife.)


For the UK tour Kate is having two support acts, which is making touring even more fun! Obviously nothing could replace the cuteness of Supercute but now there is twice as many people as there was before! The second support is Bridgitte Aphrodite; an amazing friend of ours, Bromley born and breed with more energy on stage than a Redbull and more glitter than a drag queen! She usually goes on stage solo but has recently got herself a band: Jay, Zack, and Ollie. And how much of a small world can this be that Ollie went to the same secondary school and Kate and I!


Both bands were amazing and our mum and dad made it down to the gig just as Kate was going on, they haven’t seen the show with all the new set and Sol in it, so they were bloody loving it! Plus a man asked his girlfriend to marry him during the show!!

After the show we all went and had cocktails in Bar Aroma and may have had a little too much fun as we were an hour late for bus call! Don, our trust worthy driver was super cool about it as he always is, and as Birmingham isn’t too far we weren’t in a ridiculous amount of trouble.








No comments:

Post a Comment